Individuals feeling depressed often struggle with some of the following:
- Feeling sad or down more than happy or neutral
- Lack interest or pleasure in things they once enjoyed
- Feeling stuck in a rut and lacking motivation
- Feeling like nothing matters and that the people and things in your life that once made you happy don’t anymore
- Difficulty sleeping
- Low self-esteem
- Suicidal thoughts
- Changes in appetite
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Decreased sexual drive
There are many things that you can do to help alleviate some of these feelings. Although medication can help, research shows that a combination of therapy and medication is especially effective in helping individuals cope with depression. Therapy can help you challenge your negative thinking and make behavioural and attitudinal changes in how you see yourself, the world, and the people around you. By dedicating yourself to such improvement, you will see positive changes in your mood and overall functioning over time.
Saterra’s associate psychologists and therapists are trained in a number of therapeutic approaches that can help alleviate these symptoms. Please contact one of our associates today to set up an initial consultation and discuss how we can begin to help. You may also use our contact form (Contact us) or call our practice line at 613-831-8181 to speak with an associate or for general inquires.