Individuals with anger difficulties often experience some of the following:
- Little-to-no patience, resulting in lashing out
- Inability to consciously manage your anger
- Feeling out of control and reacting automatically without thinking first
- Extreme reactions of expressed anger—e.g., yelling, throwing things, violence
- Putting other people down or being extremely cynical
- Feeling under attack in terms of who you are and your worth
- Strained relationships with friends or family feeling hesitant, distrustful, or being dishonest around you
Therapy can help you develop patience in triggering situations and use tools that will allow you to express anger in healthier ways. With insight into why you are triggered by certain situations and/or people, you can control your extreme reactions, resulting in more constructive outcomes and healthier relationships.
Saterra’s associate psychologists and therapists are trained in a number of therapeutic approaches that can help alleviate these symptoms. Please contact one of our associates today to set up an initial consultation and discuss how we can begin to help. You may also use our contact form (Contact us) or call our practice line at 613-831-8181 to speak with an associate or for general inquires.