Individuals with significant sleep difficulties often experience some of the following:
- Difficulties falling asleep—i.e., taking more than 45 minutes
- Difficulties staying asleep—i.e., waking up in the middle of the night and having trouble falling back asleep
- Waking up too early in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep
- Feeling exhausted, unrefreshed
- Depressed mood
- Stress and worry around sleep
Therapy can help you regain control over your life by learning behavioural and cognitive techniques to reduce or eliminate the negative impact that sleep difficulties have on your life. With insight into underlying problems that maintain or increase sleep difficulties, you can consistently get a good night’s sleep and improve your overall functioning.
Saterra’s associate psychologists and therapists are trained in a number of therapeutic approaches that can help alleviate these symptoms. Please contact one of our associates today to set up an initial consultation and discuss how we can begin to help. You may also use our contact form (Contact us) or call our practice line at 613-831-8181 to speak with an associate or for general inquires.