POOR BODY IMAGE
Individuals with poor body image often experience some of the following:
- Distorted or exaggerated negative view of how they look
- Obsessing over certain body parts—e.g., in mirror reflections
- Extreme critical self-talk about body weight and shape
- Depressed mood
- Depressed self-esteem
- Perfectionism traits
- Unfairly comparing self to others
- Difficulty with romantic relationships/dating
- Fad dieting
Therapy can help you improve your body image. With insight into the underlying causes of your critical voice, you can begin to challenge it and improve your view of your body, shape and/or weight. By applying strategies to develop a more positive self-image, you can begin to improve your quality of life and overall functioning.
Saterra’s associate psychologists and therapists are trained in a number of therapeutic approaches that can help alleviate these symptoms. Please contact one of our associates today to set up an initial consultation and discuss how we can begin to help. You may also use our contact form (Contact us) or call our practice line at 613-831-8181 to speak with an associate or for general inquires.