Therapy (aka psychotherapy) is an extremely helpful process that can:
- Provide you with a deeper understanding of yourself or your concerns
- Reduce your emotional distress
- Alleviate psychological symptoms that are negatively affecting your life
- Help you learn new ways to cope with your difficulties and feel more in control
- Provide you with knowledge and skills
- Help you develop more meaningful relationships
- Improve your quality of life and overall sense of fulfillment
During therapy you will develop more insight into your situation, which will allow you to manage or solve your problem(s) and make healthy choices for your future.
The ultimate goal is to help you achieve personal growth and make the changes you seek.
Therapy is done through open and honest communication with a psychologist or therapist in regularly scheduled sessions. It is important that you have a safe, supportive, and nonjudgmental place to explore what is troubling you.
We work collaboratively with you, using our knowledge of scientific research on human emotions, thoughts, and behaviour to help you achieve your goals.
Saterra associates believe in providing evidence-based treatment, which means that the treatment has been scientifically evaluated and demonstrated to significantly benefit the client.
We also value the opportunity to tailor psychotherapeutic interventions according to your needs. Some of the therapeutic techniques we use consist of the following:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Attachment-based psychodynamic therapy
- Emotion-focused therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Experiential therapy
- Mindfulness-based therapy
- Solution-focus based therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Motivational interviewing
It is important to find an approach that works best for your concerns and one that suits you.