Individuals defined as gifted or exceptional experience some of the following:
- Highly developed vocabulary
- Ability to learn new words quickly
- Early reading ability
- Thirst for new knowledge
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Showing advanced insight or understanding
- Excellent memory
- Independent when acquiring new skills, with little need for instruction or direction
- Early development of motor skills
- Creative problem solving
- Emotionally in-tune with others
- High level of activity—e.g., move around a lot, think fast, talk fast
- Ability to relate to various age groups
Note that some gifted children experience none of the above, however, so only a proper psychoeducational assessment can definitively determine whether your child is gifted.
Saterra’s experienced associate psychologists and therapists are trained to help you answer any of your questions through consultations and psychoeducational testing (Psychoeducational Assessments). Please call us for an appointment or if you have any questions. Please contact one of our associates today to set up an initial consultation and discuss how we can begin to help. You may also use our contact form (Contact us) or call our practice line at 613-831-8181 to speak with an associate or for general inquires. We are here to help you.