Individuals with generalized anxiety often experience some of the following:
- Overwhelmed with worry, even when there may be little or no reason to worry
- Spiraling thoughts about things going badly that are hard to stop
- Anxiety that is too difficult to manage
- Difficulty focusing/concentrating
- Feeling on edge or in a constant state discomfort
- Physical symptoms such as trouble breathing, gastrointestinal issues, or muscle tension
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anxiety is disrupting your work/academic life, social life, and/or home life
Although medications exist to ease anxiety, they are less effective without therapy. Fortunately, evidence-based therapy treatment has been shown to be very successful in reducing generalized anxiety. We have many strategies and tools available to help you change what you do and how you think about your anxiety to alleviate many of the above symptoms.
Saterra’s associate psychologists and therapists are trained in a number of therapeutic approaches that can help alleviate these symptoms. Please contact one of our associates today to set up an initial consultation and discuss how we can begin to help. You may also use our contact form (Contact us) or call our practice line at 613-831-8181 to speak with an associate or for general inquires.